Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Baby shops - am I missing some?

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Baby shops - am I missing some?

I have been buying clothes for my baby recently and also looking for some cool baby furniture and I am a little dismayed by the selection. I have been to Mothercare, Eugene, Bumps to Babes and a couple of children's shops in the Prince's Building - Early Learning Centre, Kaloo and one other I think.

Are there other shops that I am missing? I am not after designer clothes so not interested in premium brand baby clothes stores.

Regarding furniture, I found some I really liked on the Modern Baby website, but it seems their shop on Wellington Street has closed down. Is there anything similar? Or any furniture shops that offer interesting children's furniture (dressers, wardrobes etc. rather than chairs/tables/play sets)?

shuchisingh is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Clothes: LeeGarden - II Floor. Windsor House - II or III florr. Both is causeway bay. lovely clotehs and number of brands across price ranges. Also, SOGO childrn's floor if you have the patience and stamina. Ocean Terminal, TST - whole floor of children clothing brands. Though honestly most of the brands are repeated so you could do either causeway bay or TST. Last - for lovely factory overruns: TOGS unlimited on Queens Road Central and Stanley.

You would find all the malls / stores mentioned on the net for further details.

FURNITURE: http://www.kidsbyredcabinet.com/home.html in Central. Nerds, Indigo Kids and TREE kids section - all three in Horizon Plaza, Ap Lei Chau. Colours and Art Deco - both on Queens Road East Wanchai. And there's Ikea with some interesting options.

Please note the above is by no means exhaustive... happy shopping :)

shuchisingh is offline Registered User
    sorry - for kids by red cabinet (central furniture store) this is a better link: http://www.kidsbyredcabinet.com/kids.html

geomum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong is missing a lot when it comes to GOOD QUALITY as well as AFFORDABLE kids clothes. Designer brands at Prince's Building, Windsor House and Lee Gardens is damn expensive and honestly not worth it, as it lasts only one season. SOGO has some good clothes but then you have to go there on a sale or else some stores there too are expensive.
    Try M & S when they have a sale or H & M, try Stanley or Lee Yuen Street (Lots of hunting around if you choose either street markets). Togs unlimited is small and limited only for babies, fail to find anything for my daughter who is soon turning three.
    In fact most kids related goods and services which are a bit unusual or western are expensive here. Cup Cakes for instance or Party entertainers, anyone agree with me????

carang is offline Registered User
    can you read chinese? if so, i've just discovered this great website; taobao.com!

it is factory-customer, which cuts out the middle-man! it takes some time and patience to be able to sort through the pages and pages of items, but it is DEFINITELY worth it!

they have ELC, Fisher-Price etc and they also have clothes & furniture! the prices are about 30% of what you would pay in the shops! i spend a lot on toys etc for my playgroup and i actually felt sick to my stomach at all the $ i spent buying the stuff retail when i could have bought the EXACT same stuff for about 1/4 of the price!

the only drawback is that you need to be able to read chinese.... what i do is open a spread sheet of what i want, i type the brandname into the search and away i go. when i see something i like, i copy the address onto my spreadsheet so that i can have a chinese-reader have a look and place the order. because it's shipped from china, the shipping is much less than from other overseas websites...

i know, i sound like an advertisement....i'm NOT...like i said, i have just discovered this site and thought i'd share it with you ladies!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Togs Unlimited has nice stuff, but mostly for smaller sizes, and the only good deals are on the sale racks, which are getting smaller.
    My new love is Li Yuen St. in central. There are a couple decent ground level shops and there is one in a building on the 19th floor, I can't remember the name, but it's the main store of one of the kids clothes stalls(not stores) in the middle of the street.
    Stanley is good in that they often have lots of sizes for each item.
    Furniture, I wouldn't know, never bought anything except a second hand dresser and a crib from 0/3 baby.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Oh, there's a furniture shop at the Shatin Town Centre on the ground floor to the left of Eugene, that has interesting and creative baby and kids furniture. But very pricey. Sorry, I don't know the name, but if you go there, it would be hard to miss.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Great. Thank you so much for your responses.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast