Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Doctor recommendations please!

janeyc is offline Registered User

Question Doctor recommendations please!

I just recently found out(yesterday) that I'm pregnant. So happy about it. We want to deliver our baby in Korea(hometown) so we need to find a doctor who will only see us for antenatal check ups. It seems that private doctors here in HK are only willing to see patients who will deliver with him/her. I read here that Doctor Patrick Chan was very good with non-delivering patients but it seems that he has changed his policies and no longer takes moms who will not delivery with him. Could anyone give me suggestions on doctors who are willing to see non-delivering patients? Also, I heard from somewhere that doctors here won't see you unless you're 6 weeks or more? Is this true? I think I'm 4-5 weeks now.

T.S
    T.S is offline Registered User

Dr. Connie Leung in Causeway Bay will also take patients who does not need her to deliver for them.

charade is offline Registered User

There are many doctors who will see patients who deliver public or not with them - just that they are not the famous ones on these forums (but they are still still good doctors). For my first pregnancy, I saw Dr. Eric Lee in Prince's Building - he was very kind, patient and actually told me I could call him anytime. I am currently seeing Dr. Jimmy Mak at Baptist Hospital but he is affiliated to the hospital so not sure that you have to deliver there to see him. A colleague also recommended Dr. Shell Wong in TST... it depends where you live. Do you want a doctor on HK Island?

Yes, I'm looking for a doctor on HK island. I don't care how famous they are or not as long as they are good, caring doctors.

miran is offline Registered User

Would highly reccomend my doctor. He is very good and quite well reputed. We really liked him. English is flawless - studied in UK. Has a busy practice but a no frills office.

Dr. Chan Kuen-Ting
    Rm 804, 8/F, Leighton Center
    Leighton Road, HK
    Tel: 2576 4422

As charade said - he's not known in these forums, which is neither here nor there. All the best

JamTam is offline Registered User

I would also recommend my doctor, in case you prefer a female OB. She's very matter of fact and not one to conduct unnecessary checks, scans or other procedures. If she believes there is a risk or similar, she will conduct extra checks, but otherwise favours letting things take their course. She is affiliated with the Matilda (in case you ever need to have monitoring or similar - fingers crossed you won't).

Dr. Sally Ferguson
    Room 1504, Shui On Centre
    6-8, Harbour Road
    Wan Chai

Tel (852) 28246123
    www.otandp.com

Thank you ladies for your input! Looking forward to becoming a mom!!

sarahdcl is offline Registered User

Hi,
    Sorry to tag onto the thread. I just learned too that I am pregnant and went to an obgyn from my insurance list today to learn that my insurance doesn't cover pregnancy. I'm not sure if I will deliver in Hong Kong or not yet but I was wondering if anyone knew of a doctor that is caring and knowledgable and doesn't have through the roof charges. Would you suggest the same list as above?
    Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast