Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thanka2

Pamela Youde Eastern Hospital - Recent birth stories.

FishMama is offline Registered User

Pamela Youde Eastern Hospital - Recent birth stories.

HI all, I am due at the end of December and using the Pamela Youde for the delivery. I was just wondering if anyone has recently given birth there. The last time I was in hospital was over 17yrs ago and that was back in South Africa. There is lots of info about giving birth at QMH and QEH. Just wanted to know to expect from PYEH.
    I am sure it will be similar to QMH or QEH but first hand experience would be great.

Thanks

Nat

FShah is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Congratulations!! (on being due in dec)

I 've just delivered my third at PYEH last Friday. Excellent mid wives, excellent post natal care, excellent follow ups. I was already 9cm dilated when I got to the labour ward, all paper works, necessary preps for the delivery was efficiently fast. I had very encouraging midwives attending to me and because it was my third, the midwife did her very best to avoid having to do an episiotomy on me (did not request for this in birth plan). English was good too (both at the delivery ward and the post natal ward) so communication was never a problem.

At the post natal ward, you are able to have your baby beside you round the clock, except during bath/checkup/vaccination. They were also pro breast feeding, encouraging/guide you through it. It used to be just once a day visitation allowed but now, you get to have visitation hours during lunchtime 12noon-130 and 530pm to 8pm. I've delivered all my 3 babies at PYEH and as my previous posts regarding my experience at PYEH, it has always been excellent for a $100 per day charge at the hospital.

Just to add, I had an assisted vaginal delivery for my first hence had a doctor attend to me during labour, he was pretty good. During my other 2 deliveries, I only had midwives attend to me as it was an uncomplicated delivery. During my 2nd delivery I had an episiotomy and the midwife did the episiotomy and stitches after. No complains either. All I can say is that I trust you'll be in good hands when you deliver your baby come December at PYEH.

FishMama is offline Registered User
    Hi FShah,

Thank you for your reply, has eased my nerves a lot! Congratulations on your third by the way! Hope you are all settling into life well.

Thanks again.

Nat

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Congrats, FShah! I didn't realize you'd given birth at Pamela Youde as well.

I gave birth there in March 2011. Pretty good experience. I was able to get into the semi-private ward for recovery which was fabulous! You can read my birth story here.

I think PYNEH is probably one of the top hospitals to give birth in in HK. It's newer than some of the other hospitals and was designed well and it's less crowded than many of the other hospitals too. For my next birth I also plan to give birth there again.
    FishMama likes this.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

aitkenb is offline Registered User
    Wow Thanka2... Read your birth story. Quite empowering. I will be giving birth at Tuen Mun. So far so good I have a neg blood type so spent a couple of days in there having injections and the staff were attentive and polite but I have been to a few talks at Annerley and they also advise the firm approach when delivering in any public hospital. I have also been told not to let my husband speak in Canto to them. Recently we had a scan and as soon as the doctor found out he spoke Canto... She directed everything to him. That was quite rude and the worst experience so far.

Anyway thanks so much for sharing the story. Like I said I found it empowering and will keep it with me when I begin my journey... I always think that a couples birth story is with them for life and if you upset a few docs or nurses along the way then... They probably forget about it way quicker than you ever will.:)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app