Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Due November 2014

babylove1 is offline Registered User

Due November 2014

Hi there, would love to meet some new friends in the same boat. I feel like its a very big ocean to swim in full of information for an expectant mum in hk and would really appreciate talking to other mum to be's rather than wearing out my friends. Haha We live in Saikung but I often go to central for work and play so can be flexible where to meet up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Katiebrady likes this.

mrs4seas is offline Registered User

Hi congrats babylove! i'm due mid-october. Feel free to ask questions but i'm a bit of a noob as well. Would love to discuss things with other mums-to-be as well :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Oh thanks mrs4seas! How r u going with deciding on hospitals and doctors etc? I'm so confused. Don't know whether to go half half or just private as i don't have insurance. Any advice?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

rani is offline Administrator

Hi Ladies! Congratulations! Are you free for dinner on Tuesday? Organizing dinner in LKF. It would be nice to meet up

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Baby - i replied twice but it didn't go through :( i am in the same process but will most likely go through the private route.

Without repeating the whole message for the third time...i think the most important thing is to know what you want and then research on which doc or hospital that can do those things. I dunno... Since i'm so new to it all too lol. But i did find it a bit overwhelming because suddenly everyone who had a baby thinks you should do what they did, which may not necessarily what YOU want.

Good luck and please let me know how it goes... Will update you on my final decision too :)

Rani - sorry i can't tuesday nights

Mrs and Rani, who are your doctors and would you rec them? i went and saw dr May Mok at the women's clinic for my first check up on tuesday and we found her a bit vague and even instilled abit of paranoia in my husband as I. said the scan should clear 'whatever it was' up. then we waited an agonising 45mins in a hot stuffy checkup room for her with me frantically googling to see if the symptoms i had were normal as her reaction was worrying. i didn't like the lack of explaination and as a doc i felt she should have reassured and given me facts rather than made me worry even more right in her office without proper explaination.
    we are going to look at union, sanitorium and canossa today so hopefully can decide after that. any tips for what to look out for? ive visited friends at matilda before so im weighing up the others to it before forking out the money.
    how are you both feeling with your babies? hope not many symptoms. i infact have felt nothing at all the last 2days...so hope that im just lucky. waiting to see how long i can put up with feeling lucky before i run through the doctors door for an immediate scan! hahaha

rani, i cant do tuesday either. perhaps we can find a date when we are all free? do you both work during the day?

rani is this your first also?

Baby i am currently seeing dr robert stevenson and dr sum tak keung.

Dr stevenson is good but he's pricey. That's why supplementing with dr sum, who is much cheaper with an insurance card i got.

Dr sum is very popular with the local community apparently, I had to wait 2 hours to see him. But like i said a lot cheaper so it's a fair trade off.

The online reviews for both seem to be that they are 'cold' but i find both professional and nice enough, they won't coddle you (maybe some ppl like that) but would give you advice if u needed it. I think they do care about their patients but just not in a feminine sense, that 's probably why people think they're standoff-ish? They seem to be straight up so i like that too. Maybe give dr stevenson a go if you are not happy with your current doc ( i don't think dr sum takes new cases anymore? But u can always try)

Symptoms - first few weeks i was bloated and had minor mood swings. After week 6/7 i constantly felt hungover - nauseated and not sure what to eat to make myself better. Seem to crave fatty foods but only feel crappier after eating and wish i got salad instead.

I always seem to nod off at around 7pm if i'm home. It's just an overwhelming force that comes over you and you can't help but sleep.

How many weeks are you now baby?

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast