Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Non Invasive Prenatal Testing

illumination is offline Registered User

I am trying to research my options here in Hong Kong for Non Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT). Has anybody gone for one yet. From my internet research I have found the following ones in Hong Kong
    1. Harmony- sample sent to US
    2. NIFTY - sample sent to mainland
    3. Safe T21 - sample sent to US.
    From all the research I have done so far MaterniT21 covers the most chromosomal abnormalities, is it available here in Hong Kong?
    Will really appreciate if you have done any test here in Hong Kong or even if anybody flew out to the nearest location to get one.
    I am in my late thirties with my first pregnancy and want to be sure that my baby is healthy.

catan is offline Registered User

I had the harmony test done at 14w3d with Dr. Ben Chan. He is located in Central. If you are under 13w6d you can get the OSCAR done at public hospitals for free. I already passed the cutoff for OSCAR so opted for Harmony.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Hi Catan, thanks for your reply. I did get the oscar at 12 weeks and the result was good inspite of my age. But just wanted to be sure and I opted for NIPT. After doing some research of my own I realized safe T21 covers more chromosomes then the others and the sample gets sent to the US versus Nifty where the sample goes to china. For harmony also the sample goes to US, hope your results were good. I am awaiting the actual report but got a call from the clinic that the report is negative so kind of relieved. Now planning my baby moon for the end of this month.

elisakathy is offline Registered User
    Hi Illumination,
    Just wondering if safe T21 the same as sequenom's materni T21 Plus in the US? We are off to the sates for xmas (where my husband is from) and asked for the price of doing this particular test in the US, without insurance coverage, we will be paying USD 2480 by doing the test Sequenom's Materni T21 plus. A lot more expensive than Safe T21 in Hong Kong....So I might be doing the safe 21 here in HK when I am week 10. If that is the case, do you think I should still go for for Oscar?

Hi Elisakathy, the safe T21 is tested by the same lab as materni t21, that is sequenom lab in the US, but materni covers more then safe t 21 in terms of number of chromosomes etc. though in Hong Kong safe t21 covers the most chromosomal abnormalities as per the study I had done. So if you are going to Usa and want to be more sure, go for materni t21.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1416554565.187874.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	2818
    Also here is a comparison of tests in the Usa I had found online.
    elisakathy likes this.

elisakathy is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot illumination.
    illumination likes this.

beautysasa is offline Registered User
    i just got a leaflet from my doctor and it shows the comparison table between each test. Seems most of the global pregnant women use verifi test which is highly accurate advanced screening test that is non-invasive. And the doctor said he can offer me this test now in hk too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	560 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	2826

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast